Photobucket Photobucket

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Strawberry Ice Cream

Photobucket

I made this dessert for the kids today as an accompaniment to red enchiladas. They were kind of hot, so I thought it would be great to help cool things off. I love this ice cream because as the fat, it calls for coconut oil instead of cow's cream. This works for me because cream is hard to come by where I live here in Mexico, but I always have coconut oil on hand.

I have to tell you that when I tasted this after the kids went back to school, I was immediately taken back to summertime. Feelings of freedom and vacations and just playing came back to me and made me so excited about school letting out. I know that sounds corny, but it's true.

We didn't actually have time to let ours freeze completely, as the kids had to get back to school, but it still tasted fantastic...

Photobucket

I hope you get the nostalgic feelings I did. Enjoy!

Photobucket

P.S. The ice cream maker on the left is the one I used, but I would love to have the mint green one on the right. So cute! I love this machine because it doesn't require the use of salt and ice, or a frozen bowl. It has a built-in compressor which freezes the cream in about 45 minutes. Love it!


Strawberry Ice Cream

This recipe uses coconut oil instead of cow's cream.

See Strawberry Ice Cream on Key Ingredient.

3 comments:

  1. Yummy! I'll have to try this one :) My other favorite make-at-home ice cream is peach - reminds me of summer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SevenMania, get link. Thanks! I especially love the ice cream ball for kids. I purchased one of those for my niece one time and she loved it!

    ReplyDelete