Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, May 17, 2010

Purple Fruit and Veggie Popsicles

Photobucket

I really, really, really just can't get enough of fruit and veggies Popsicles. We made these with lettuce...

Photobucket

...and blueberries...

Photobucket

...added some sweetener, vanilla, and salt, poured the mix in Popsicle makers...

Photobucket

...and Wha-lah! Purple Popsicles you won't say no to!

Purple Fruit and Veggie Popsicles

A Popsicle made from lettuce and blueberries!

See Purple Fruit and Veggie Popsicles on Key Ingredient.


Ingredients

* 2 cups water
* 2 cups blueberries, fresh, or frozen and thawed
* 2 cups lettuce
* ½ cup honey
* 1 teaspoon vanilla
* ⅛ teaspoon salt

Directions

Blend all ingredients in a blender, pour into Popsicle molds, and freeze for at least four hours, or until completely solid.

Direct recipe link: http://keyingredient.com/recipes/311891/

P.S. Don't forget to make extra mix for smoothies!

Photobucket

6 comments:

  1. Lettuce?! I'm grocery shopping today...I gotta try these. I'm very curious to see if you are just messin' with me! ;) I thought I was clever sneaking spinach into chocolate "donuts"!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jb, tell me more about these chocolate spinach donuts...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jb, tell me more about these chocolate spinach donuts...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jb, tell me more about these chocolate spinach donuts...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jb, tell me more about these chocolate spinach donuts...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have no idea why my comment posted four time! Sorry!

    ReplyDelete