Photobucket Photobucket

Thursday, May 13, 2010

Raw Vegan Stir Fry with Homemade Teriyaki Marinade

Photobucket

I've blogged about this before, on my homemaking blog, but since I made it again, this time for a class I gave on dehydrating this afternoon, I thought I'd post it here, since it's so delicious, healthy and colorful. The last time I made this, I used fresh vegetables from my fridge. This time, because I wanted a more authentic Asian veggie combo, I simply chose to use a large bag of Asian vegetables from my freezer.

The first step was to defrost the vegetables, then make the marinade. I then mixed the thawed veggies and the marinade together in a large bowl, and spooned the vegetables onto the dehydrator sheet, making sure to spread them evenly, without layering...

Photobucket

But beware...unless you want little hands stealing bits and pieces, make sure to keep them away from the edge of the counter...

Photobucket

I dehydrated these for about an hour and a half and I wish you could have smelled it as the marinade heated up. Everyone who entered my house, and later, the cultural hall at my church where I gave the class, said how good it smelled...

Photobucket

While it was dehydrating, I put some rice in the rice maker (and I know I said that nearly all of my recipes would be free of processed food, but we happened to be out of brown rice, so we used white....sorry!) and we had a beautiful, healthy meal that all the kids enjoyed. Here's the card...

Raw Vegan Stir Fry with Homemade Teriyaki Marinade

Make raw vegan stir fry with a delicious marinade using ...

See Raw Vegan Stir Fry with Homemade Teriyaki Marinade on Key Ingredient.


...and in case the card isn't available, here's the recipe...

Ingredients

For the teriyaki marinade:
* ½ cup nama shoyu (If you don't have access to this, you can just use regular soy sauce. Nama shoyu is just a healthy, unpasteurized version of soy sauce.)
* ½ cup sesame oil
* ¼ cup agave nectar (If you don't have access to this, you can use honey.)
* 3 Tbsp lemon juice
* 2 Tbsp onion powder
* 2 tsp grated fresh ginger
* ½ tsp toasted sesame seeds, optional
* ⅛ tsp cayenne
* 3 cloves garlic, crushed
For the stir fry:
* -Carrots
* -Zucchini
* -Broccoli
* -Cauliflower
* -Red bell peppers
* -Green bell peppers
* -Mushrooms
* -Roasted sesame seeds

Directions

To make the marinade, place all of the above ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.

1. To make the Teriyaki vegetable stir fry, I used my food processor to slice a variety of vegetables I had in my fridge. You could really use any vegetables you have lying around. Get creative! Once my vegetables were sliced, I dumped them into a bowl, poured on the Teriyaki sauce and stirred until all the vegetables were coated.

2. The next step was to spread the veggies out on Teflex sheets in the dehydrator. If you don’t have a dehydrator, you could lightly oil a large cookie sheet and spread the vegetables out on that. In the dehydrator, dehydrate for 1 to 2 hours at 125 degrees. If you are using the oven, turn it to it’s lowest setting, prop the door open with a wooden spoon, and dehydrate until vegetables start softening, probably 1 to 2 hours as well.

3. When the vegetables have softened, remove from teflex sheets and serve over rice.

Direct recipe link: http://keyingredient.com/recipes/304227/

No comments:

Post a Comment